As a new year approaches, it is natural to think of goals or resolutions. At the end of each year, it is natural to evaluate the level of happiness experienced in the previous year and set goals for the next one. In making resolutions, people often decide to concentrate on negative traits: “I will quit smoking.”
Instead of trying to work on every good quality at one time, decide to have one focus for each month of the year. A list of ideas is provided below:
- tend and befriend others;
- master a new skill;
- be aware of and thankful for good things;
- organize a group activity and make it happen;
- make careful choices that will not be regretted later;
- forgive all who have wronged you;
7. finish what you start;
8. enjoy laughter – do something that will bring smiles to others; and
9. notice and appreciate beauty and excellence.
Be sure to choose activities that will help you have a positive new year.
Independent filmmaker, author, happiness coach and speaker Lisa Cypers Kamen creates these blogs to entertain, enlighten and educate us as we each undertake our own personal search for happiness. Happiness is an Inside Job. To contact Lisa, email her directly at email@example.com and check out her websites at www.whatisyourhappiness.com & www.harvestinghappiness.com